Mini-episode: What does Galison mean by “tradition”?Download MP3
Galison's definition of a scientific tradition is continuity over time of skills and technology, people, and standards of evidence. How does that apply to software? Some stories about the early days of both particle physics and Agile.
- Peter Galison, Image and Logic: A Material Culture of Microphysics, 1997
- Wikipedia on academic genealogy
- @made_in_cosmos had a tweet about tradition that I mentioned
- Paul Hoffman, The Man Who Loved Only Numbers: The Story of Paul Erdős and the Search for Mathematical Truth, 1998
- Context-driven testing website and book
- The Agile Fusion workshop description
- People mentioned: Lisa Crispin, Ward Cunningham, Janet Gregory, GeePaw Hill, Simon Peyton-Jones
An image from an undated review of a staging of "Fiddler on the Roof". DuckDuckGo claims it's CC-licensed, but I can't tell. I'm gonna risk it.